Prior to power up I removed 2 HDD's (this is relevant) as I have a Windows OS on those removed. I Power up and successfully installed Kali from DVD. I reboot and login without any problems.

Now I power down and install my other 2 HDD's. I power up and boot from my Linux instalation and I get something like this (I am not sure if the message was exact but it will do because it was something to the same effect so hope you get the picture)...
Code:
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: no such file or directory (or something)
mount: mounting /dev on /root/sys failed: no such file or directory (or something)
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed: no such file or directory (or something)
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed: no such file or directory (or something)
Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init. <((definately said this)
No init found. Try passing init=bootarg.  <((definately said this)

BusyBox v(version number) blah, blah, blah
built in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for list of build in commands
(initramfs)
So I trouble shoot by booting into Kali Live and looking at my HDD's in terminal.
Code:
Disk:
  /dev/sdb             WDC WD20EARS-00M
  /dev/sdc             WDC WD3000HLFS-0
  /dev/sda             WDC WD3000HLFS-0
partition:
  /dev/sdb1            Partition
  /dev/sdb2            Partition
  /dev/sdb5            Partition
  /dev/sdb6            Partition
  /dev/sdb7            Partition
  /dev/sdb8            Partition
  /dev/sdc1            Partition
  /dev/sdc2            Partition
  /dev/sda1            Partition
  /dev/sda2            Partition
Now I successfully perform fsck /dev/sdb1 and reboot into my Linux HDD and get the same thing. I repeated my installation steps at the top but forgot my DVD (oops) and so it boots up into Linux without a hitch. I learned that removing my other HDD's allows me to boot properly. This is a problem obviously and this is also the first time I used this particular ISO that was from http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.2/...17.2-amd64.iso I used Mate prior to this.

My fix was a cardinal sin but I know the risks... ***DISCLAIMER... DO NOT TRY THE FALLOWING UNLESS YOU KNOW AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE RISKS INVOLVED.***
I powered up with All my HDD's already installed as they would be in normal operations and booted into Kali install DVD. when I got to the partitioning option screen I pulled the SATA cables on the HDD's with Windows OS on them. Continued successful installation from that state. Powered down and reinstalled SATA cables on HDD's. I powered up and wallah! It works. Now I have the opposite effect. When I remove the 2 HDD's, my Linux will not boot and I get the same thing as before.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? This is by far not my first installation of a linux OS or Windows. I would also mention that I have been running Kali since earlier versions of v1 and battled through some problems here and there (growing pains). I seem to remember clear back in 386 or 486 days something similar happening but I just don't remember. Seemed to me it was a OS issue because the OS was not liking the fact that the drive was in another location or was a slave or something. I could be way off.

System info:
Code:
Installed Kali ISO:
                       kali-linux-2017.2-amd64.iso
updated Kali Version:
                       Linux User 4.12.0-kali2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.12.12-2kali1 (2017-09-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
cpu & MB:                                                            
                       AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor
                       ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme ROG
graphics card:
                       ATI Cayman XT [Radeon HD 6970]
                       ATI Cayman XT [Radeon HD 6970]
storage:
                       JMicron JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller
                       ATI SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [RAID5 mode]