Thread: Issue with dual boot with windows 10 and kali linux

Issue with dual boot with windows 10 and kali linux

Hi... Everyone

I am new to this site, I have windows10 OS, I wanted to use kali linux, so, i have installed linux 2017.2 as a dual boot, It has installed properly, and i have operated Linux for some time, and again i was using windows.
    While using windows, i have deleted something while using "Easy BCD", Now after switch on the system its showing to choose operating system, if i select Linux, it is showing error. i am not able to choose Linux OS, I don't know the exact reason, it is showing some error like

windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. choose your language settings, and then click next,
    3. click repair your computer

If u dont have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \NST\autoneoGrub0.mbr

"The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains error".

Please do help,

Have you installed kali in LegacyBIOS? Do you use EasyBCD to boot operating systems?

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    Have you installed kali in LegacyBIOS? Do you use EasyBCD to boot operating systems?

yes i have used EasyBCD, but i don't know sure that whether i have installed in LegacyBIOS.. because this is first time i have Installed, so i didn't remembered

EasyBCD doesn't work in UEFI so you have probably installed kali in LegacyBIOS which is inadvisable. If Windows 10 is installed in UEFI then it doesn't boot in LegacyBIOS without the help of EasyBCD. It was unnecessary to switch your PC boot settings to LegacyBIOS when there is better boot mode option UEFI enabled by default. Many new users commit this mistake without learning what LegacyBIOS is actually used for.

Why there is need to install EasyBCD? EasyBCD has messed up something with your boot. The better way is switch to UEFI again and reinstall Windows 10 and kali. You have latest generation PC and you are trying to go back in earlier times when there was no UEFI. Your problem is a result of this action.

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    EasyBCD doesn't work in UEFI so you have probably installed kali in LegacyBIOS which is inadvisable. If Windows 10 is installed in UEFI then it doesn't boot in LegacyBIOS without the help of EasyBCD. It was unnecessary to switch your PC boot settings to LegacyBIOS when there is better boot mode option UEFI enabled by default. Many new users commit this mistake without learning what LegacyBIOS is actually used for.

Why there is need to install EasyBCD? EasyBCD has messed up something with your boot. The better way is switch to UEFI again and reinstall Windows 10 and kali. You have latest generation PC and you are trying to go back in earlier times when there was no UEFI. Your problem is a result of this action.

Thank you Sir for your support, I will try to install again kali in UEFI.