Thread: NetHunter wont't install on OnePlus1 - reboots to recovery.

NetHunter wont't install on OnePlus1 - reboots to recovery.

Flashing the latest LineageOS Nightly works fine - both with and without Mind the Gapps add-on. However, once I sideload NetHunter on top (Yes, I've completed the setup wizard before flashing NetHunter), I see the beautiful Kali Logo, but then it reboots twice, the second time, it reboots into recovery. I've tried sooo many things to correct the problem, that I don't even remember all of them. I'll try to list a few of the things that I do remember:

I've tried installing Magisk Manager and having it download the Magisk zip file, and then installing that file from TWRP. This results in an unbootable system - knocks me back into recovery.

Reinstalling The Stock ROM directly from the OnePlus site: Gives me an error that this file is only for oneplus1 devices, but my model is an "A0001". I find this very odd. I extracted the zip file, and found and patched the model check. I then repacked with the zip comand-line app, and flashed my patched version. I successfully reapplied the Stock ROM this way. However, after flashing LineageOS nightly, it goes back to model "A0001" again. Very bizarre!

What can be done here?

Which Android version are you running and what NetHunter image did you flash?

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Which Android version are you running and what NetHunter image did you flash?
    Android version is Pie by way of LineageOS 16 nightly. I have tried 3 different nightlies. I don’t recall which 3 specific nightlies off the top of my head, but all 3 were from last week sometime.

As for the NetHunter version, I used both the download from your site, and one using your build script via my laptop running Kali 2019.4 x64.

Would you mind posting the complete command with all parameters you used to generate the image?

python build.py -d oneplus1 -p -fs full

Thanks. I'll ask the author of that kernel to chip in.

@aaronouthier As far as I know, OPO images after around July 2019 doesn't boot after installing kernel. After many tries, the following works, please try:
    https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunt...note_254273238

That worked! Thank you.