Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting RTL8188 to work with Kali in monitor mode

Hey guys, could use your help on this one. I usually try to solve everything myself and i've been successful until now, linux.. and this driver, man it drives me crazy :P

So i've been trying to follow everything you've said and i tried like every method there is on youtube. But i feel like this one is the one, except. I can't make anything out of it.

How do i even enter the conf file for the kernel? Or applying the patch?

Looked around for tutorials and guides but i don't know. I just don't get it, but i can't give up either, so.. help a brother out?
    Going to get the v1 from ebay, but it will take a couple of weeks i could've learned alot more about this.

Regards, GhostMuppet

I feel dumb, but I've gotten pretty far I think I'll be ok if someone could kindly explain just a little bit more in depth WHERE I would find the file that I can open to edit for this part:

3. MODIFY CODE for 4.12 kernel. This may sound intimidating, but in reality it consists of just a few lines in two files (use whatever editor you wish):
    Makefile --> Add the following line somewhere among the other EXTRA_CFLAGS

hi,
    after you download the github repo type:
    $cd kernel/drivers/TL-WN722N_v2.0-Ralink/rtl8188EUS_linux_v4.3.0.8_13968.20150417
    then if you do ls you will see Makefile. You have to edit this one.

UPDATE:
    I have a question.
    hum does it exist a compatible version of the driver with the kernel 4.14.0 ?
    thanks.
    Last edited by maiki; 2018-01-04 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Merge Posts

would be great if 4.14 would work as well.