Thread: How to use HTTrack files for input in crunch?

How to use HTTrack files for input in crunch?

Hello, I have Kali Linux 2 64-bit VMware image and Windows Server 2016 Host. I am watching some videos on Pluralsight on how to Penetration Test with Kali Linux. The video says I can use my results from HTTrack (cloned website) metadata for creating lists in Crunch. How do I do that? The video doesn't go into the instructions and just gives that as a tip. Do I use the zip file or txt files? I found them but I'm not sure how to use them with crunch. Can I use them to create a wordlists with anything besides crunch? Please reply. Thanks

The video is probably suggesting you scrape the HTTP source & pipe that into crunch for wordlist generation/mangling

Hi, thanks for your reply. How do I scrape the http source? Sorry, but I'm just getting started with this. Can you give me a link? Or explain how to do it? Thanks again

HTML files are text files, just FYI.

You can use wget to download individual pages, and grep for interesting words (things that might be unique to the business). For example, if your target were an insurance company, interesting words might be actuary, rates, interest, coverage, etc.