Thread: Kali linux installation failed and windows 7 wipped out

Kali linux installation failed and windows 7 wipped out

Hello,

I am using Dell Inspirion N5050 and I tried installing latest Kali version (I do not know exactly) but I just downloaded a week ago. I was using windows 7 before it wipped out. I have a single harddisk. I do not know much specifications of my laptop in details.

I am new to Kali linux, I wanted to create a bootable kali linux in my usb and i used uui to mount the iso file in my usb. Then, when I changed my laptop setting to boot from my usb and when the installation screen for kali popped up, I started installing it, I didn’t know I can actually installing it into my harddrive. I continued with the process and a error came up saying “some of your hardware needs non free firware files to operate....” then i searched the problem online and saw a thread that if i used rufus to mount the usb, I would not have the problem. So i cancelled the process and mounted my pendrive again using rufus.

I again started the installation process but the problem was there but I was able to complete the process and when my pc restarted again the installation page came up again.

So, I removed my usb and started my pc then I saw a black screen with a white blinker.

I started searching online then I knew that by installing Kali i wipped out my windows 7 operating system. And since no operating system loads, I think my kali installation failed as well. I learnt that I was not creating a bootable usb and I should have created a partition beforehand if I wanted to install it in my harddrive.

I searched for the solution in various online forum but I could not find any user claming that any of those worked.

Is there any way to restore my windows 7 without losing any data? I am not able to access my pc.

any help is much appreciated..

Thank you!

Blank screen with white blinker is not enough information about the error. Is grub menu showed up?

If kali installation was finished then it means it was installed. It has nothing to do with your windows 7.

Nope nothing shows up. I cannot access my pc. Just a blank black screen with a flashing blinker and nothing happens even though I wait on that screen for a while.

Boot into kali live and show the output of fdisk -l.