Thread: How to install Kali on a Notebook with eMMC?

Question How to install Kali on a Notebook with eMMC?

Hello guys my first time posting here.
    Appreciate the distro and i am willing to give it a try and learn it.

I successfully installed Kali with Graphical install from a USB bootable disk and previously formatted my drive with (ms-dos mode?) from gparted. And i only have one partition.
    The problem is i never was able to boot to Kali. I get the following errors in the picture. I have a Lenovo yoga 300 11br notebook with 64gb eMMC and 4gb ram with a quad core pentium cpu.

I am a novice linux user so please consider me a dummy when explaining things. Thanks in advance.

23635270_10155771990142719_336557415_n.jpg

Probably a hardware incompatibility. Any errors during the install? Did you verify the hash of your download? What happens when you try to run Kali live (from the USB bootable drive)?

did not get any errors during the install whatsoever. I created the usb disk using win32 disk imager with the latest iso from kali site. I can successfully boot when i try to live boot. But i get this error after i tried to install it in my hdd.

Ok, so that rules out a corrupted installer. Odd that you can run Kali in live mode, though.

What about installing other Debian-based distros? Will they work?

Today i found out that after numerously trying to boot and rebooting, once in a while it gets to login screen. Maybe it has sonething to do with that root delay thing? But i have no idea how to adjust that. Instructions on the net were not clear enough to me. Did not try other distros yet.

Can you boot into recovery mode?