Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with installing Kali Linux

Problems with installing Kali Linux

Guys, I'm trying to install Kali Lunix. I creating a Bootable Kali Linux USB Drive using Rufus, Partition GPT, File system fat32. I launch the flash drive via F12 in the BIOS. A small installer appears in a quarter of the screen, I click on Install and then comes this!

https://pp.userapi.com/c824201/v8242...M4F8QweSLg.jpg

Name - Acer S3-391-33314G52add
    CPU - Intel Core i3-3227U 1.90GHz
    GPU - Intel HD Graphics 4000
    RAM - 4 Гб DDR3 1600 МГц

Boot kali live and see if it is compatible with your graphic card.

Well, on live mode it is loaded. But how to check compatibility of the graphic card?

In general, if Kali runs in live mode, it will install ok. Having a look at the output of dmesg and lspci may also help.

Your Laptop is unable to take the load of all the file of kali linux, my opinion will be to upgrade your Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    In general, if Kali runs in live mode, it will install ok. Having a look at the output of dmesg and lspci may also help.
    Well, then how can I set it to hdd if I have graphical artifacts in any mode of installation (graphic, text mode)?

Quote Originally Posted by ashuy360 View Post
    Your Laptop is unable to take the load of all the file of kali linux, my opinion will be to upgrade your Laptop
    There is an article where it is shown that on my laptop install Kali Linux. - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top...ingle-true-gpt -ssd /

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'd file a bug report on this over at bugs.kali.org, and see if the Kali developers can help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I'd file a bug report on this over at bugs.kali.org, and see if the Kali developers can help you out.
    That would be perfect!

You can specify parameters how installer should proceed. Once you boot USB press e to open boot parameters and add the line nomodeset quiet splash i think somewhere in the 2nd last line. Then proceed to graphical install.