Thread: Kali linux | apt-get upgrade problem / kali-linux-full

Unhappy Kali linux | apt-get upgrade problem / kali-linux-full

I'am not able to install full version of kali on raspberry! I tried do to this 4 times already, and always get a serious problem. Usually system was unable to unpack or create fille.

What i did after first boot:
    1.apt-get update.
    2.apt-get install gparted -> resize memory (I'am using 16gb sd card).
    3.apt-get upgrade / apt-get install kali-linux-full (i tried it in different order, errors on both).

Any of the basic repair installation commands that i googled doesn't work.

At this point when the upgrade or installation is processing after few minutes I'am getting different errors, about creating/unpacking file etc. Also usually terminal stops working, and don't recognizes commands, once even desktop changed color.

I watched many tuts on yt, and it seems like I'am doing everything fine.

What i investigated yesterday, was that the probably files in the path /usr/lib/local/ are broken and unable to read. At this point instalation is interrupted. Usualy can't create new file or delete one here. I can't even read any subfolder in this path, because it retrun: Cannot read file. Bad message.

Help!

Sounds like a dodgy sd card.
    I've done those three steps all day with different cards and it ran through without any hiccups every time...
    Until I hit a 16GB Sandisk Extreme of doom; works ok in any PC with Windows or Linux until I put it in a pi: crashed every time I put some load on it. Same errors you seem to be getting.
    Another card of the same model worked like a charm. Just one of those things.

I'd try a different card and, if that works, return the broken one under warranty. I've done that plenty of times.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I hope it helps nevertheless.

The only thing that is diferent is sd card. I have the same raspberry, and image like other users.

However installation/upgrade of raspbian goes well.

Thanks for hint. I'll will try to use another sd.

Problem solved.

Reason: sd card.

Sd card that works well on windows/phone/raspbian somehow turns errors on raspberry kali.
    Thanks for help.