Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rly hard to install, Nvme m2 + hdd

grub-pc failed to install into /target/

i tryed to unplug my ssd m2 disk, i formate hdd and fresh instal kali on hdd, 1 disk on pc, and too i can't instal grub this same problems "grub-pc failed to install into /target/" when i trying to instal grubb grub-install /dev/sdb1 i got msg grubb install commend not foundd, i trying all from forum "https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?36601-UEFI-How-to-repair-kali-linux-grub-dual-boot-with-Windows-10"
    i tryed sdb1 sbd2 sdb5 and sdb, and nothing, nobody can help me? 5 days i trying to install kali lol

now i formate my usb and again download kali linux 64 bit mabe somthing wrong i do on install kali on usb idk -.-

mmm nothing

Quote Originally Posted by _defalt View Post
    What errors installer was showing?
    https://imgur.com/a/pI2RQ

You have to re-install kali, the grub package is not installed in /usr/sbin so it's not recognizing the grub command.

I Reapir it problem wos in another program to do live usb, before i use Universal USB or UNetbootin, when i do it always when i load system i got error cd rom not detectr, and always i need to write "mount -o vfat /dev/sda1 /cdrom/"
    when i use Win32DiskImager i don't need to write it,
    after instal i don't see my windows 10, but i load kali from hdd and i write "update-grub" on console, and in console i see "found windows 10" < or somthing like that
    all programs to create live usb are broken for me idk why, only Win32DiskImager is good,
    Thx for help etc Defalt Rly thx for trying to help me sory for my bad english ;P
    btw in install kali found autmaticly nvme disc etc, its simple, always use Win32DiskImager to create kali usb

Rufus is better than Win32DiskImager

before i do it on rufus too and too i need write mount -o vfat /dev/sda1 /cdrom/
    on win32diskimager don't

Did you reinstall kali or repair grub?

i reainstaling kali 4-5 times on usb, but only 1 time when i used win32diskimager evrything wos good