Thread: Error installing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Error installing

Good afternoon,

For some time now I have been trying to install Kali on my laptop but there is no way.
    I use Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop without any problem and my intention was to install a dual boot with Kali and Ubuntu. I tried to install unsuccessfully, so I tried to completely remove all operating systems, install Kali first and then install Ubuntu, but when I tried to install Kali on the computer, it also gave me the same error.

For testing I tried to install Kali in VirtualBox on the desktop PC, (which also use Ubuntu 16.04) and I'm having the same error. The truth is that I am a bit confused, because I have always installed any Linux distribution anywhere, that is, on the desktop PC, laptop or virtual box, but this gives me errors.

Normally when installing any Linux distribution, I do the partitioning myself, but after the errors, I tried to select the beginner mode for the system to partition me but still I still have the same problem.

The error of the iso I discard because the sha256sum, apart, I have downloaded it twice to make sure of everything.

Thank you

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16o...pFMj2jqB6cBHvi

P.D.:
    Attached a link with the images of the errors in the 3 installation modes

If I launch the LiveCD mode, it works perfectly, but I would like to have the operating system installed on the computer.

When you install in graphical mode, can you repeat the steps here you do before proceeding to installation?

I'm sorry for the delay.

Yes, yes I can do the same steps. That is, in the 3 types of installation I do the same. I have even tried to create the partitions manually in the 3 types of installation and also let the system create them automatically.

But in always I end up with the same error.

If you want I can make a video of the installation process (if I do it with the virtual machine I will be able to record it without problems).

In the intermediate steps, i choose Select Partitions manually , select your partition and then Automatically partition the free space. Finish partitioning and write changes to the disk. These are the recommended steps. Make sure the partition you have selected to install kali has atleast 20GB of space. You don't have to create any other partition, installer will take care of the rest.

The partition you created for kali should be unallocated. Installer will do the rest.

What steps do you choose?