Hello all, I am new to Kali, and would really appreciate some help from someone who knows what they're doing. I've been following various instructions on how to get my Macbook Pro (2013/14?) Wifi working to no avail. The SSD drive failed on it a while ago so I've been hoping to bring some function back to it via USB in meantime (and have been looking to learn some of the various Kali tools).

I downloaded the latest Kali ISO (2017.3) yesterday on my Windows machine. I followed instructions from Kali site to create a live USB on SanDisk Ultra Fit (64GB). I booted up the live version on my Macbook and enabled persistence with encryption. And soon noticed the Wifi was not working.

lspci shows Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)
ifconfig shows lo
iwconfig shows 'lo no wireless extensions'

I've since followed various instructions I've found off Google, and none of them are working. They all seem to center around these steps:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r | sed ‘s,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,’) broadcom-sta-dkms
modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssd brcmsmac
modprobe wl
The problem is the last step 'modprobe wl' always errors out...
Code:
'FATAL: Module wl not found in directory /lib/modules/4.13.0-kali1-amd64'
I'm not sure if this is related but... when I apt-get install broadcom-sta-dkms, it says:
Code:
Installing to /lib/modules/4.14.0-kali3-amd64/updates/dkms/
Warning: Unable to find an initial ram disk that I know how to handle. Will not try to make an initrd.
Not sure about the warning. But it seems modprobe is searching the wrong location based on these two statements? Idk. I'm used to server administration and have never had to deal with driver type issues in linix before. Any help appreciated !!

A few of fixes I've tried... theres more but I didn't record all the pages visited... I feel like these are all out of date but not sure what else to try:
https://pentestmac.wordpress.com/201...ss-on-macbook/
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...amp-WiFi-Guide