Thread: TouchPad Not Working issue !!

Post TouchPad Not Working issue !!

So my setup is

Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 15ABR

Kali is installed on the bare metal machine, loads all good and updates & upgrades all good, but the TouchPad doesnt work at all!!!

before installing kali on this machine, i installed Ubuntu on the same machine and although the touchpad didn't work with the vanilla install, it did work with a kernel upgrade to 4.15 in ubuntu.

so i tried updating the kali kernel to 4.14 from the official repositories, but it didnt work, so i did a little digging and the device doesnt show up anywhere in lshw or lsusb, so i think it might be a Kernel Issue at this moment i am thinking the only thing that can fix this issue is take the dirvers part from ubuntu kernel and integrate those drivers into the kali linux kernel source and create a custom kernel !! but again it is way over my head anyway and i might be wrong with my solution too !!! or can I straight up install Ubuntu kernel on kali ??? can i even do that ??? because i read some where that kali has special patched kernel for added security and inject capable feature!!

Any Help/Advice is highly appreciated !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMCN View Post
    So my setup is

Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 15ABR

Kali is installed on the bare metal machine, loads all good and updates & upgrades all good, but the TouchPad doesnt work at all!!!

before installing kali on this machine, i installed Ubuntu on the same machine and although the touchpad didn't work with the vanilla install, it did work with a kernel upgrade to 4.15 in ubuntu.

so i tried updating the kali kernel to 4.14 from the official repositories, but it didnt work, so i did a little digging and the device doesnt show up anywhere in lshw or lsusb, so i think it might be a Kernel Issue at this moment i am thinking the only thing that can fix this issue is take the dirvers part from ubuntu kernel and integrate those drivers into the kali linux kernel source and create a custom kernel !! but again it is way over my head anyway and i might be wrong with my solution too !!! or can I straight up install Ubuntu kernel on kali ??? can i even do that ??? because i read some where that kali has special patched kernel for added security and inject capable feature!!

Any Help/Advice is highly appreciated !!!
    Sounds like driver issues. Also try DEBIAN since kali is now running on Debian.Weezy.