Hello everybody,

I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard with integrated WiFi. The Module should be a Realtek RTL8822be (looked it up on Windows because Linux does not show any information about it). It is working properly (after driver install) on Windows 10 Pro but I can't get it to work on my Linux. Meanwhile I tried a lot but noting of success. The driver DVD just states in a text file "Note: Please update to the latest Linux Kernel for motherboard chipset and components support." The latest kernel should be ("uname -r") "4.14.0-kali3-amd64", installed is ("uname -v") "#1 SMP Debian 4.14.13-1kali1 (2018-01-25)", so this should not be a problem. https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x#rtl8821ae gives some advice to install "firmware-realtek" which actually results in "firmware-realtek is already the latest version (20170823-1)".
My USB-WiFi-Stick with a RTL8192CU Module works without any problems and the integrated LAN controller also works perfectly fine. I thought maybe it is a problem that I installed Linux using the WiFi Stick and now the drivers are interfering somehow but I could not find anything that confirms this thesis and this would be a bit stupid if you have to switch from one adapter to another e.g. because of hardware failure.
I am not sure what else information you need, please let me know!

Thank you for your solutions in advance!

Best regards

DaUlm