Thread: installing Kali Linux on Mobile HDD

Question installing Kali Linux on Mobile HDD

Partition disks

Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition/dev/sdb1 --Device or resource busy. This means Linux won't know about any changes you made to /dev/sdb1 until you reboot --so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.

how do i how to solve this problem ?

You should post detailed informations about your problem, the hardware your are using, etc... otherwise we will not be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by root-boy View Post
    You should post detailed informations about your problem, the hardware your are using, etc... otherwise we will not be able to help you.
    yeh,i think so

can you help me with skype? i'm from china , i love Kali linux
    my skype:chen hui China.

Would like to make friends with you!

why skype if we are pleased to help here in forums ? when we discuss here we can learn and every one else can learn too...

yeh,you right;
    this is my step:

partition disks:

this is Guided -use entire disk

SCSI1(0,0,0)(sda) -320.1GB ATA WDC WD3200BEVT-7
    > #1 primary 43.0GB B ntfs
    > #5 logical 75.2GB ntfs
    > #6 logical 75.2GB ntfs
    > #7 logical 75.2GB ntfs
    > #8 logical 51.6GB ntfs

SCSI6 (0,0,0)(sdb)-500.1 GB WD Elements 10A2
    > #1 primary 349.2MB f ext4 /
    > #5 logical 9.0GB f ext4 /usr
    > #6 logical 3.0GB f ext4 /var
    > #7 logical 8.6GB f ext4 swap
    > #8 logical 349.5MB f ext4 /tmp
    > #9 logical 478.7GB f ext4 /home

and this is ERROR!!!

Error Informing the kernel about modifications to partition /dev/sdb1 -- Device or resource buys . This means Linux won't know about any changes you made to /dev/sdb1 utils you reboot -- so you shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting .

6. sda looks like your windows install? and sdb will be kali right?... I can see one possible issue. You made your primary partition very small. Only 349.2MB? It appears you are using the entire disk for Kali, why not make the partition scheme simple. Make 2 partitions, one for files, and the other swap.
    Fact, Science and the Pursuit of Knowledge. Working to secure your networks from threats; Outside and Within.

you get the same error after a reboot ? if your are trying to install kali alongside an installation of Windows check this link
    Last edited by root-boy; 2013-05-06 at 12:43.

Use a live DVD from any live distro, recover grub, run os-prober, then update grub.

Use dvd live, mount desire Linux partition, also mount the /dev folder and change the root (chroot) and issue the command os-prober, then update-grub and reboot.

If it doesn't work, recover grub and after that, run the os-probe and update-grub

That seems to be an UUID problem..Somehow they were modify perhaps due to expanding or shrinking partitions, reconnecting a HDD to a different IDE-SATA port, etc.

Luck.