Thread: Looking for assistance installing NetHunter to Nexus 5X

Looking for assistance installing NetHunter to Nexus 5X

I've been trying to get Nethunter installed on my Nexus 5X and it hasn't been going well. The topic for Nethunter for Nexus 5X over at XDA is pretty abandoned and I don't know where else to ask for help. I'll copy paste the issue I've been having and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

"I flashed 7.0.0 (NRD90S) then flashed (twrp-3.0.2-2-bullhead) and then flashed the (nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-full-20160928.zip) and after the installation it just boots to the No Command message. Any advice here on what I'm doing wrong? Is there any specific version of Nougat that works better with Nethunter than others?"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...lhead-t3453134

Quote Originally Posted by RemixDeluxe View Post
    I've been trying to get Nethunter installed on my Nexus 5X and it hasn't been going well. The topic for Nethunter for Nexus 5X over at XDA is pretty abandoned and I don't know where else to ask for help. I'll copy paste the issue I've been having and I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

"I flashed 7.0.0 (NRD90S) then flashed (twrp-3.0.2-2-bullhead) and then flashed the (nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-full-20160928.zip) and after the installation it just boots to the No Command message. Any advice here on what I'm doing wrong? Is there any specific version of Nougat that works better with Nethunter than others?"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...lhead-t3453134
    #1unlock bootloader (make sure to backup data)
    #2 root device
    #3 grant permissions
    #4 flash nethunter
    #5 grant nethunter permissions
    #6 update device
    This seems to work for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    #1unlock bootloader (make sure to backup data)
    #2 root device
    #3 grant permissions
    #4 flash nethunter
    #5 grant nethunter permissions
    #6 update device
    This seems to work for me!!!
    Excuse me but just from judging how you grossly oversimplified the instructions you layed out leads me to believe you don't even own a Nexus 5X, let alone installed Nethunter on one.

I've also asked for clarification multiple times, both in the topic at xda and here from my previous topic asking for phone suggestions.

If you can kindly take the time to explain what steps you took to install Nethunter on a Nexus 5X I'd greatly appreciate it because I've attempted to install Nethunter multiple times already and I'm getting the feeling of running around.

I'm still not 100% sure if I have the correct firmware which isn't specified anywhere.

it hasn't been going well.
    Sometimes a wrong version of twrp causes errors ...

Have a look at this thread: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...s-5X-Nethunter

There are several procedures of solution inside.

If you want it more talkative and with pictures: http://www.hackcave.net/2017/02/kali...-tutorial.html

I don't have a Bullhead. But I installed Nethunter on Mako, Hammerhead, OnePlus 1. There are always weird problems - but in the end it was always easy
    Last edited by mstrmnn; 2018-02-11 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmnn View Post
    Sometimes a wrong version of twrp causes errors ...

Have a look at this thread: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...s-5X-Nethunter

There are several procedures of solution inside.

If you want it more talkative and with pictures: http://www.hackcave.net/2017/02/kali...-tutorial.html

I don't have a Bullhead. But I installed Nethunter on Mako, Hammerhead, OnePlus 1. There are always weird problems - but in the end it was always easy
    I'll give this a try tonight. Thank you.

Excuse me but just from judging how you grossly oversimplified the instructions you layed out leads me to believe you don't even own a Nexus 5X, let alone installed Nethunter on one.

I've also asked for clarification multiple times, both in the topic at xda and here from my previous topic asking for phone suggestions.

If you can kindly take the time to explain what steps you took to install Nethunter on a Nexus 5X I'd greatly appreciate it because I've attempted to install Nethunter multiple times already and I'm getting the feeling of running around.

I'm still not 100% sure if I have the correct firmware which isn't specified anywhere.
    Nexus 6. With Nexus Root Toolkit. Does it all!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    Nexus 6. With Nexus Root Toolkit. Does it all!
    I read a lot of good things about the Nexus 6. I even has a higher quality screen type than the 5X (The 6 uses AMOLED, 5 has IPS) better speakers and camera. But the 5X has USB C and fingerprint scanning which helped make my decision.

The main reason I went for the 5X was the size, I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for my personal phone and I wanted something similar in size too.

I read a lot of good things about the Nexus 6. I even has a higher quality screen type than the 5X (The 6 uses AMOLED, 5 has IPS) better speakers and camera. But the 5X has USB C and fingerprint scanning which helped make my decision.

The main reason I went for the 5X was the size, I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for my personal phone and I wanted something similar in size too.
    Mines a sloppy seconds I got off ebay for $90 . Replacemnt screen cost about $150 but once it was all put together it worked great. I love it its really fast too.

mstrmnn,
    any chance that mako you put nethunter on was the 8gb version? I have yet to see anyone squeeze it into 8gbs. Shoot, my 5x 16gb is left with 534mb after i install .