Thread: [SOLVED] - Both installer freeze witk Kali 1.0 and USB keyboard !

[SOLVED] - Both installer freeze witk Kali 1.0 and USB keyboard !

Hi together and thanks @ all for kali!

I'm unable to install Kali on my PC (directly on the hardware, no vm). Both installer text/grafik freeze directly in the first screen where i can select the language.
    The live cd works perfect in normal mode. Are there any options to debug ?

Would be cool to get a hint.

Greez
    BeNe

would be cool to get a hint of actual hardware to help diagnose the issue.

Hey BeNe, it might look like a freeze but it may be that your keyboard/mouse is not working in the GUI/text install modes. I experienced the same issue and was able to do a text install with an old ps/2 keyboard I had laying around.

When you boot either installer, are you able to get the numlock light to turn on by tapping the numlock key? In my situation my USB keyboard was completely unresponsive. When I rebooted with a ps/2 keyboard I was able to get Kali installed via the text mode installer.

I'm having the same issue but I'm pretty sure it's because my mouse and keyboard dont seem to work. It's odd though because during init of the live medium, I can clearly see it load driver for my exact keyboard, a Razer black widow ultimate 2013 and I'm pretty sure I saw it load one for my mouse (mionix naos 5000). Both are plugged directly into my motherboard in usb 2.0 ports.

Hardware:
    i7 3770
    gtx680 classifed
    16gb ram
    installing on an older OCZ 60gb agility 2

Any thoughts would be nice!

Of course, sorry!

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    RAM: 16GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
    SSD: Samsung SSD 830 256GB SATA III Basic

Well - looks like i´m not alone with that problem --> http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...No-KB-or-Mouse
    flexxoh has also a Samsung SSD, interesting! So i will try the PS2 workaround, too.

Greez BeNe

I'm in same situation.

It's same in a Virtualbox or with USB live, install process stucks. I think there is a problem with USB keyboard/mouse.

I have not tried with a PS/2 unit because I haven't it.

freezing mouse and kb

is thear a way to install it from live session like old backtrack ?

8. I've also noticed that my USB mouse wasn't working in my USB3 port, however it did work in my USB2 port. This was on a LiveCD. Have yet to test it on an actual install. Don't know if its the same problem, but just wanted to chime in with that info.

Same thing here!

Quote Originally Posted by flexxoh View Post
    Hey BeNe, it might look like a freeze but it may be that your keyboard/mouse is not working in the GUI/text install modes. I experienced the same issue and was able to do a text install with an old ps/2 keyboard I had laying around.

When you boot either installer, are you able to get the numlock light to turn on by tapping the numlock key? In my situation my USB keyboard was completely unresponsive. When I rebooted with a ps/2 keyboard I was able to get Kali installed via the text mode installer.
    Same thing happens here, I thought it was a bad ISO file, I am downloading again, but after reading this, I believe the problem is: NO kbd or mouse are being detected, both are usb here.

I will try to install using an old ps/2 kbd and mouse, I checked sums of the iso files and are ok, but also noticed in the first doawload I got: Kali-linux-1.0-amd64.iso and this second download shows Kali-linux-1.0.1-amd64.iso Like it has been upgraded to 1.0.1, maybe they already fix this thing, but I have not heard a word from the DEV Team about this problem. hmmmm. interesting!

Kali 1.0.1 bugfix release solved USB keyboard and mouse issues. http://kali.org/downloads

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    Kali 1.0.1 bugfix release solved USB keyboard and mouse issues. http://kali.org/downloads
    Thanks a lot muts, I managed to istall from the first iso image using old ps/2 keyboard and mouse, no problems at all.
    So CONFIRMED... the problems was, USB KeyBoards and Mice NOT being detected at install.

K.