Thread: Kali Install - Text Scrambled/Unreadable

Kali Install - Text Scrambled/Unreadable

Hi all,

I'm having a little issue when I try to install Kali. I am able to live boot without issue, but as soon as I try to run the installer (standard or text install), the graphics basically become scrambled as per the attached screenshot. I'm guessing it may be due to a graphics driver issue, however my google'ing said I should set nomodeset in the boot options, which I did but it made no difference. There is every chance I added it incorrectly but I'd appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

I am using Kali 2018.1, 64bit. I am trying to install on an HP Folio 9470M which I believe runs Intel HD4000 for graphics. Attached a picture of the scrambling.IMG_1662.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    J

Odd that it will live boot without issue. And you don't see weird graphics there?

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    Odd that it will live boot without issue. And you don't see weird graphics there?
    No weirdness at all in the liveboot. I did work out a solution though, I had to enable Legacy Booting. As soon as I did that, I was able to install without an issue. No idea why it didn't work with UEFI.

Oh, I see. Don't run Kali on a machine with UEFI but will keep your fix in mind.