Thread: Problem when installing Kali Linux 2018.1 on Dell vostro 5459

Problem when installing Kali Linux 2018.1 on Dell vostro 5459

Hi, i'm new in the forum, my name is Arun and I'm a student. I need urgently a fix for my test in Security.

(I have read several threads about similar problems but actually i cant apply their solution)

When I installed Kali Linux 2018.1 in my Dell Vostro 5459(Vostro 14 5000 series-5459 with 6th Generation Intel(R) Core(T M) i7-6500U Processor , 8GB ram) I got a problem

It shows some of your hardware needs non-free firmware files to operate. The firmware can be loaded from removable media, such as a USB stick or floppy.

The missing firmware files are: ath10k/pre-cal-pci-000:02:00.0.bin ath10k/cal-pci-0000:02:00.0.bin

If you have such media available now, insert it, and continue.

Load missing firmware from removable media?

While I skip this step and install Kali Linux after I'm unable to perform any air attack because it doesn't show any channel in monitor mode.

That is an installation step, it doesn't matter that much unless you want to use the wifi adapter when installing.

Regarding your other issue, if your chipset is QCA6xxx, then that is the issue. That specific model is known to have issues and not work in monitor mode. If it's not, explain the commands you run, what you expect to see and what is shown on the screen.