Thread: Printing From Within the Kali Linux Command Window to an External Printer

Printing From Within the Kali Linux Command Window to an External Printer

Hello Kali users! My name is E4NZIX and this is the first posting I've created. I am currently attending college and pursuing a 4 year transfer degree of BS in IT with a strong emphasis in forensics and security. I am new to the IT community so please take it easy on me. If I post this in the wrong section I sincerely appologize ahead of time. I have a wireless HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer set up for my everyday printing when I'm not using the VM Player. Such as various pages from IE and MS Windows. However when I am inside of a Kali Linux command terminal, I can't figure out how to print what is inside the terminal. If I copy/paste into a Linux document and try to print from there, it says print to file?? It does not have an option to print to my wireless printer. On top of that, ---(outside of the actual Kali terminal)---the VM shows at the top right hand portion, that there is a printer installed and connected with a little green dot in the bottom right corner of the printer. I go to settings and click on printer, and it says its using port 1. Have researched from end of the internet to the other and every forum in between. Theres a lot of talk about installing CUPS, which I've done, and a lot of talk about installing VMware Tools, which are installed and up to date. I don't know what to do before I pull out anymore hair. I have a list pulled up of the tools that are installed in Kali Linux and I'd like to be able to print them out so I can do research on each tool and file it in a three-ringed binder for my own user manual to study. Thank you to whomever can help this poor soul out!
    Last edited by E4NZIX; 2013-05-02 at 18:12.