Hi all. I've been a Linux user for years, and I've used everything from Ubuntu, to Fedora, to Opensuse, Mandriva, Mint, Porteus, Lubuntu, Solace, etc., etc... I could go on, but you get the idea.

For quite some time now, I have carried a live Kali flash drive with encrypted persistence. I find it an incredibly useful tool. However, I have noticed that over time, I have all but stopped using my main OS (Currently Solus) and am almost always using my live Kali. It has become my "home" system, and I would like to install it to the hard drive for a speed boost and convenience. However, I'm being met with an issue I cannot solve. I've scoured google and have been unsuccessful. So now, I turn to you guys.

Here's what happens. I boot to the flash drive. I select the installer instead of the live system. I get this screen:

As expected. So I click on "Continue" and I am brought to this screen:

So far, so good. I click on "Continue" again, and am presented with this:

All is still going as it should. I click "Continue" again, and here is where I hit a problem. At first, things appear to be working:

It says it is loading installer components. This continues for several seconds, during which it seems to successfully load a number of components:

This seems to be working, but then it hits an error:

Saying that it failed to copy a file from the cd... I am installing from USB

Selecting retry simply returns the same error, as expected. My only options are to take a screenshot, or continue. Clicking continue takes me here:

...with my only options being to take a screenshot or continue. Hitting continue takes me to the installer main menu.

I have been searching google, and the closest problem I usually find is where it fails to detect cd-rom drives, and there are various solutions, the most common being to pull the flash drive when you hit the error and then reinsert it and retry. This is a different issue than mine it seems, but with almost no mention of my specific problem, I tried these anyways... To no avail. I have attempted installation with a few live Kali drives, all with the same result. I have re-downloaded the Kal iso, and created fresh live Kali drives, still with the same issue. I am using dd to create the live usbs. The main one I tried first has LUKS encryption, as it is my keychain drive,but I did not bother to encrypt the others I made in my attempts to install Kali.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.