Thread: Kali linux wont start on my PC.

Kali linux wont start on my PC.

Hi,

Kali linux flashed on USB 4 GB and working properly.
    Installed with same USB on my OLD laptop and its working.
    I can start it on live on my old laptop.

Now the problem;

I just bought a new PC, ddr4 and new stuff bla bla, so i decided to make a partition to DUAL boot Windows 10 and Kali linux to learn when i have free time.
    I installed it correctly, no problems.. so i restarted the PC in order to run Kali installed on the new partition, but it is not loading correctly, i mean, it loads the blue screen where i have to choose windows or Kali. Kali begings to load, but at some point it gives a Black screen with no options, no mouse or etc.
    Ok, so i decided to run kali on live usb but i get same problem, when i choose Live usb amd64 etc, it loads untill the black screen comes.

I think its something wrong with my bios, here details:

Model name is gigabyte h110m-52h
    bios version f23b
    bios date 07/06/17
    bios id 8a29ag05

Not sure why its not letting me reply on the thrrad, but I would reinstall your ISO to the flashdrive. I used unetbootin, universal USB and another one and they all gave me issues. The only one that allowed the OS to load properly on my laptop was Rufus. Use Rufus to make the USB bootable and be sure to click it as a "DD" when inside rufus. Can't think of any BIOS that would conflict this. Just sounds like bad install. I had the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by flym00n View Post
    Hi,

Kali linux flashed on USB 4 GB and working properly.
    Installed with same USB on my OLD laptop and its working.
    I can start it on live on my old laptop.

Now the problem;

I just bought a new PC, ddr4 and new stuff bla bla, so i decided to make a partition to DUAL boot Windows 10 and Kali linux to learn when i have free time.
    I installed it correctly, no problems.. so i restarted the PC in order to run Kali installed on the new partition, but it is not loading correctly, i mean, it loads the blue screen where i have to choose windows or Kali. Kali begings to load, but at some point it gives a Black screen with no options, no mouse or etc.
    Ok, so i decided to run kali on live usb but i get same problem, when i choose Live usb amd64 etc, it loads untill the black screen comes.

I think its something wrong with my bios, here details:

Model name is gigabyte h110m-52h
    bios version f23b
    bios date 07/06/17
    bios id 8a29ag05

It worked when i changed my video CABLE, to VGA. For some reason it wasnt working with the HDMI CABLE.

Anyone knows why?