Hi (first post)
I'm getting a similar thing. During step 14, I told it to install GRUB into the the same disk that I was installing Kali to. There are 3 other disks on the system, an SSD runing OSX (using chimera as its boot loader (from tonymacx86)), Windows 10 on another SSD, and a Windows formatted 1TB drive.

After reboot chimera isn't showing the drive with Kali. If I choose to boot from the drive Kali was installed to, I just get a flashing _ cursor. No logo, and nothing I've typed on the keyboard is echoed or causes a change. Caps lock and num lock and scroll lock can be toggled so the system hasn't hung as such.

Any advice anyone?

under Kali the drive was seen as sda in one section and disk0 in an other section of the install.

under osx I get message referring to the HDD kali is on saying "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" (I used ext4 (I wonder now if there is file system that OSX can still read)) in OSX the Kali drive is seen as disk3 (disk3s1 for linux)(disk3s5 for linux swap). Clicking initialize in OSX just loads up the graphical Disk Utility, which can see disk3s1 and Linux Swap but there are no operations that can be done on these disks.