Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to install Kali Linux to Hard Disk

downloaded kali-linux-1.0.3-i386.iso
    i get this error
    Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: 0
    it happens during the boot and i can't do anything as it reappears forever in an endless cycle
    can't test the 64bit version as my laptop does not support it

Quote Originally Posted by MrBeans View Post
    Hi ! My error while loading shows : GTK Warning unable to open display :0 also higher " Check Xorg.log)"
    I'm unable to do anything , error keeps re-spawning
    use pendrivelinux to create usb bootable kali
    it's worked for me

Thanks you dude.

I get the error " The attemp to mount a file system with the type ext4 in /dev/sdb1 at / failed. Then it asked if I want to resume partitioning from the partitioning menu. I have Kali downloaded on a dvd and I am trying to install it to a clean external hard drive windows 8. If anyone can help me please let me know. Thank you for all of the help in advance!

hello!
    i've got problem installing kali on my hdd. it give the error - UNABLE TO RUN C:\WINDOWS\SYSNATIVE\BCDEDIT.EXE
    and then the installation aborts everytime!
    plz help!

Hello, I am currently running a dual boot win7/BT5 setup, i loaded kali to usb, but when i boot off it, i only get the option to boot live and not install. do i need to delete the BT5 partitions or something?

Hello Everyone Here What i have made for all of you How to install Kali Linux

I installed Kali on a one of my 3 partitions just fine, booted into windows 8.1 though just fine, but my partition that I shrunk to fit Kali on was no longer visible. I went to disk management and noticed that my partition wasn't "Active"....So what did I do....I activated it, ignoring the warning that I shouldn't activate it unless there is an OS present on that partition. I'm an idiot. That partition only had my data on it, not the windows install....so now I rebooted (for the changes to take effect) and am now in the Grub Rescue mode. I have no clue how to "deactivate" that partition, someone please help so I can use my computer again!

Edit: I can still probably boot from my USB LIVE Kali however I have no clue what to do from there.....
    Visit my blog! PenTesting for Amateurs, by Amateurs -- Request your own tutorial, or send one to me to post.
    "thevanoutside" a Wordpress Blog!

Hi

I am finding it difficult with kali linux to make it a multi arch. Although i succeded, why doesnt kali supply it as multiarch. It cumbersome in a slow speed network in india to download hugefiles. Dont bother about initial size of kali linux. you can sell it as product we will be willing to pay