Thread: VMware ESXi 6.5 Guest OS Version for Kali rolling 2018.1

VMware ESXi 6.5 Guest OS Version for Kali rolling 2018.1

I've been able to successfully install and use Kali Rolling 2018.1 on a VMware ESXi 6.5 host but I keep getting an annoying alert that says that my actual guest OS doesn't match the guest OS version that I specified (paraphrasing). It gives me several to choose from but it seems like the most likely candidates don't resolve the issue. It has options such as "Debian GNU/Linux 4" through "Debian GNU/Linux 10" in both 32 and 64 bit versions as well as "Ubuntu Linux" 32 and 64 bit versions just to name a few. I have tried most of those but the alert still indicates there is a mismatch. Anyone know what the correct selection is or if there is a way to eliminate the notice/alert?

Kali is based on Debian testing. Current Debian version is 9.

32 or 64bit depends on what you installed.

Thanks. I had tried Debian Version 9 before and still gotten the error. But this time it seems like it is happy. I also reinstalled the VM tools though too because it would always say that the were installed but not running. So maybe that was a contributing factor to the error as well. Either way, It's working now. Thanks!