Thread: problem installing kali in a laptop with no Hardware Visualizations

problem installing kali in a laptop with no Hardware Visualizations

hi guy,

i am trying to run Kali from within virtualbox on a linux host (mint). i know that my cpu does not offer hardware visualisation (vt-x) but i was under impression that i should be able to install and run a 32bit version of any os in virtualbox if hardware doesn't support vt-x. i have managed to successfully install windows xp 32bit and a test ubuntu 32bit os in the same environment but my kali installation always fail. i have tried both .iso method and .ova files. i am desperate to install kali within VB to avoid dual-booting. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

cheers

biigii

Quote Originally Posted by biigii View Post
    hi guy,

i am trying to run Kali from within virtualbox on a linux host (mint). i know that my cpu does not offer hardware visualisation (vt-x) but i was under impression that i should be able to install and run a 32bit version of any os in virtualbox if hardware doesn't support vt-x. i have managed to successfully install windows xp 32bit and a test ubuntu 32bit os in the same environment but my kali installation always fail. i have tried both .iso method and .ova files. i am desperate to install kali within VB to avoid dual-booting. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

cheers

biigii
    When choosing type of os to install what did you choose Debian? If so try with OTHER OS option sometime that fixes it.
    easy to start; hard to finish