I'm trying to install Kali on my Dell laptop. It currently has Linux Mint on it
Laptop is amd64 so I downloaded the Kali Linux 64 Bit iso. I learned this by doing "uname -m" and it showed me x86_x64
I used rufus to create a bootable USB of Kali
The USB is 64GB and formatting to FAT32 with cluster size 32KB
I stick the USB into my laptop, boot to the USB and I'm able to get into Kali Live just fine
I select the graphical installer option and go through the langauge and region and keyboard options
When it gets to the "Detect and mount CD-ROM" it gives me an error "Your installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted. This probably means that the CD-ROM was not in the drive. If so you can insert it and try again. Retry mounting the CD-ROM?"
So I select "No" and I execute a Shell
mount -t vfat /dev /sdb1 /cdrom
Seems successful so I exit the shell and go back to the option "Choose language"
Then I get the same error "Your installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted. This probably means that the CD-ROM was not in the drive. If so you can insert it and try again. Retry mounting the CD-ROM?"
So I remove my USB from the laptop and wait. Then I reinsert it and wait. Then I choose "Yes"
It gives me a different error this time "There was a problem reading data from the CD-ROM. Please make sure it is in the drive. If retrying does not work, you should check the integrity of your CD-ROM. Failed to copy file from CD-ROM. Retry?"
I retried a couple times with no success. So I downloaded Kali Linux 64 Bit iso again and used a different USB of 16GB to make a bootable USB and tried the whole thing again. No good. So I tried another 16GB USB and still no good.

I'm pretty stuck... is there a way to install Kali in the terminal after booting to Kali Live?