Thread: I Cant Boot Kali From USB

Question I Cant Boot Kali From USB

Hello.
    I have an USB disk that has kali installed. Ive tried booting it on a Lenovo and a Sony laptop, they both worked. But my desktop with msi z97 pc mate motherboard cant boot it.
    When i try to boot and start the system, it drops into BusyBox shell and this appears on the screen:
    Code:
    (initramfs) Unknown file system type on /dev/loop0 (/live/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs)
    Ive tried booting it on legacy mode and disabling the fast boot but they both didnt work. Anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by s3lcuk View Post
    Hello.
    I have an USB disk that has kali installed. Ive tried booting it on a Lenovo and a Sony laptop, they both worked. But my desktop with msi z97 pc mate motherboard cant boot it.
    When i try to boot and start the system, it drops into BusyBox shell and this appears on the screen:
    Code:
    (initramfs) Unknown file system type on /dev/loop0 (/live/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs)
    Ive tried booting it on legacy mode and disabling the fast boot but they both didnt work. Anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thanks.
    Is it a 64 bit boot image. Just crosscheck make surE.
    easy to start; hard to finish

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    Is it a 64 bit boot image. Just crosscheck make surE.
    Yes it is. Also ive managed to run it for one time, then it broke again. I dont know what triggers it to work.

Does it have an nvidia graphics card? Some people had issues with those booting up.

Quote Originally Posted by undersc0re View Post
    Does it have an nvidia graphics card? Some people had issues with those booting up.
    yes im using an nvidia gpu. what should i do about it?

I've solved using the integrated one (Intel HD Graphics) because I don't use the nVidia GPU in Kali. The issue I think is caused by a conflict with nouveau. If you need to disable nVdia to use only HD Graphics ask me