I did try to do some searching but I"m not finding specifically how to resolve this.

So I have windows 10 on one partition and I created another partition of about 100GB for Kali. I copied the ISO onto a USB stick and installed it.
When I start my computer, windows takes me to a blue screen and asks me to choose WIndows 10 or the button below it which says "Debian Complete the installation"
Why does it say complete the installation when the installation should be done?

With some serious arm wrestling and going in and out o my BIOS and clicking on the hard drive under the boot devices after about 10-12 boots (ridiculous) I was presented with the menu.
I was able to get into Kali. I thought I remembered the password for root username. I tried root and toor and neither of those worked. I tried what I thought was the pw I created. Some how after typing a lot of times, I managed to get all the way into the platform. Now, however, I'm not able to get in. The pw just doesn't work. What can I do to get logged in?

FYI when I installed Kali, at one point it asked about the dual boot. It asked where I wanted to install. I believe it said windows master boot. So it wrote it here. Was this the grub installer? I get a black screen with white text when trying to login saying a file is missing for windows but I can hit escape and get back to the blue screen with the 2 buttons. (one for windows 10 and the other for complete installation)

Can someone direct me on what to do? I'd like to turn on my computer and be presented immediately with the dual boot menu to decide which operating system to you.

Thank you.
Kalitester