hi, I'm trying to install latest kali 2018.2 in virtualbox. I used kali 1.0.x version before and remembered there was no problem to install alone without internet connection.

But now it seems no longer work, tried several times, every time it stuck at step 'configure the package manager', which indicating 'an attempt to configure apt to install additional packages from the cd failed.'
if click 'continue', it will prompt to use network mirror, as I tried to install it without internet connection, I skipped it and choose 'no' option
and then the next step 'GRUB installation failed' indicating 'The 'grub-pc' package fialed to install into /target/', without GRUB boot loader, the system could not boot even all following steps installed.

please could anyone tell if there is a solution to solve this issue? because currently the network here is not safe, I would like to build a 'clean' original image in virtualbox and after that connect to network would not a big issue as I can always back to that clean image.

many thanks in advance.