Thread: Unable to access internet: Microsoft Store Version

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unable to access internet: Microsoft Store Version

So recently I modified my computer settings in order to get Kali to run alongside Windows 10. I installed Kali from the Microsoft Store and immediately set up Kali and started to look around and discover stuff about Kali (I'm new to Linux). I soon discovered that my Kali is unable to access any kind of network. I've looked all around the internet, but have been unsuccessful due to not many people using this program straight from the Microsoft Store. I would be happy to figure out how to fix this issue.

I am currently using Kali GNU/Linux Rolling. I am using bash, so I have no GUI. If you can help, I would appreciate it.

Can you ping anything (internal or external)? A standard Kali install has networking enabled on boot. So if you're using DHCP on your network, you should get an IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    Can you ping anything (internal or external)? A standard Kali install has networking enabled on boot. So if you're using DHCP on your network, you should get an IP address.
    I am able to ping my computer's preferred IPv4 address, but am unable to ping anything else, such as Google or Facebook. I've tried pinging them and nothing happens. It's at 100% packet loss every time. I also can't download any different penetration testing programs or even run "apt-get update". So I'm unsure of what to do.