Thread: I need help properly figuring out the issue with my Kali Linux live USB.

I need help properly figuring out the issue with my Kali Linux live USB.

It's tough to go into deep detail about my issue because I'm just starting to get into this sort of thing but this is the best way I can describe it. I followed a walkthrough in order to install Kali Linux on a usb drive so I can plug it into my computer and use it. Unfortunately according to a similar thread since my laptop has Nvidia or some graphics card I think this error continuously pops up during the loading sequence when I pick to boot from usb on Kali live. "A startup running for live-config contains the components etc" It didn't make any sense to me so I listened to the thread which is here "https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?37982-A-start-job-is-running-for-live-config-contains-Problem"
    I followed the instructions to the point where I replace "splash" with "nouveau.modset=0" but when I do and boot it up it has the exact same error. Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping it's some small dumb detail that I just failed to notice but I figured you guys are my best chance at help. Btw my computer specs are as follows, MSI GS63 Stealth with an H series GEN CPU, a GEFORCE GTX1050, and an Intel core i7.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate User View Post
    It's tough to go into deep detail about my issue because I'm just starting to get into this sort of thing but this is the best way I can describe it. I followed a walkthrough in order to install Kali Linux on a usb drive so I can plug it into my computer and use it. Unfortunately according to a similar thread since my laptop has Nvidia or some graphics card I think this error continuously pops up during the loading sequence when I pick to boot from usb on Kali live. "A startup running for live-config contains the components etc" It didn't make any sense to me so I listened to the thread which is here "https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?37982-A-start-job-is-running-for-live-config-contains-Problem"
    I followed the instructions to the point where I replace "splash" with "nouveau.modset=0" but when I do and boot it up it has the exact same error. Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping it's some small dumb detail that I just failed to notice but I figured you guys are my best chance at help. Btw my computer specs are as follows, MSI GS63 Stealth with an H series GEN CPU, a GEFORCE GTX1050, and an Intel core i7.
    Check your drive again because it is only boot live probly just reset back to original settings
    easy to start; hard to finish