Thread: WiFi not showing any networks - Driver?

Question WiFi not showing any networks - Driver?

So I am using a Dell XPS 13 and years ago when trying to use Kali, someone mentioned that Broadcom cards are a nightmare and that my particular one wasn't compatible.

Well it has been quite a while and I'm certain there has been progress made.

I'm wanting to use Kali Live USB Persistence, but I cannot figure out what I need to do to get the internet working. Trying to figure out what driver I need to download and import or what command to execute to get it installed from what is already available in the OS.

lsusb command shows me Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0

They still are a nightmare but some do get supported by open source drivers.

A few things about wireless cards:
    - USB/PCI IDs are more useful than names because those tools simply look up the IDs from a text file and display the result
    - Always look in wikidevi, that's one of the most useful resources for wireless cards

In any case, if you want to figure out if it's compatible, check out https://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=...bility_drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_X View Post
    They still are a nightmare but some do get supported by open source drivers.

A few things about wireless cards:
    - USB/PCI IDs are more useful than names because those tools simply look up the IDs from a text file and display the result
    - Always look in wikidevi, that's one of the most useful resources for wireless cards

In any case, if you want to figure out if it's compatible, check out https://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=...bility_drivers
    This is a Dell XPS 13 9343, the aircrack link you pasted really doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere unfortunately.

Ugh....I just want to figure out if there is a driver compatible. Can't believe no searches are being of any use.

The link doesn't say yes or no. There are too many cards and you have to do some research. That link explains you what to look for.