Thread: Opening Teriminal in Kali 4,18.0

Opening Teriminal in Kali 4,18.0

movint your cursor to a blank place on your desktop and clicking the right mouse button should show ,New folder/opendesktop in new files/ DPEN TERMINAL etc, the OPEN TERIMINA: refuses to work, all others commands work after latest update.
    Amyone else have this problem of Desktop mouse "right click to open terminal" not working after latest update, all other command works fine with mouse, maybe its because i and i guess everyone else now has no Desktop shortcut just like me, (why did they come up with the idea to discontinue Desktop shortcuts?????)

running:Linux kali 4.18.0-kali1-amd64 #1 (gnome desktop) SMP Debian 4.18.6
    Last edited by geodude9537; 2018-10-12 at 00:28.

Is your system up to date (apt update && apt dist-upgrade && reboot) Could you show/explain what you are trying to do. It isn't clear where and what you're doing.

Right clicking in the file manager and selecting "Open in Terminal" takes a second or 2 but works fine.

i found a work around for ( running:Linux kali 4.18.0 gnome desktop) terminal opening with right mouse click and file folder shortcut on Desktop, went to software/addons and installed "Desktop Icons" this got my favorire folders displayed on the Desktop again but program shortcut are still illusive for now,

Quote Originally Posted by geodude9537 View Post
    i found a work around for ( running:Linux kali 4.18.0 gnome desktop) terminal opening with right mouse click and file folder shortcut on Desktop, went to software/addons and installed "Desktop Icons" this got my favorire folders displayed on the Desktop again but program shortcut are still illusive for now,
    My desktop icons are gone too. But there is still a desktop icon in menu so not that worried.
    easy to start; hard to finish

thanks, that extension work for me