Thread: Kali going haywire on RPI3B using re4son image

Kali going haywire on RPI3B using re4son image

Hey guys,Im relatively new to kali though not to linux.
    So when I apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade on my Rpi using re4son image,my kali goes haywire.
    The panels start flickering , it starts to hang and not respond, and generally becomes ****.
    What could be the problem? Due to this I'm afraid to apt-get upgrade so I havent upgraded in a while and so some problems occur when I use the tools, which will go away when I upgrade.

I'm using re4son's image because when I use the official Kali image, there is a problem with nexmon.
    When i airodump-ng, I get "Missing nexutil" or something like that. Is'nt all of nexmon supposed to be installed?
    Please help quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaCube111 View Post
    Hey guys,Im relatively new to kali though not to linux.
    So when I apt-get upgrade or apt-get dist-upgrade on my Rpi using re4son image,my kali goes haywire.
    The panels start flickering , it starts to hang and not respond, and generally becomes ****.
    What could be the problem? Due to this I'm afraid to apt-get upgrade so I havent upgraded in a while and so some problems occur when I use the tools, which will go away when I upgrade.
    SD-Card running out of space maybe? I've just done an upgrade without any issues.

No man.

I ran df and it showed 34%.

Doing this on a 16gb SD card so ive got oodles of space.
    And also i tried this on the official image too and the same thing occurs.
    The bottom panel flicker, when you type a thing the letters come 5 letters late, when you right-click and go down a menu, the options get highlighted very late.
    I don't know whats the problem.

I don't mean upgrading with the repo on your images. It is outdated. I mean with the main repo.
    Also totally unrelated, how do I update your kernel?
    rpi-update doesn't work.