Thread: Won't Load GUI After Update (Kali Linux 2018)

Unhappy Won't Load GUI After Update (Kali Linux 2018)

Hi All,

Hope you are fine.

I was using Kali 2016 edition on dual boot (Windows 7). I decided to updated and updated. But this time stucks at booting. There is no login section. Only gray screen.

I changed from gdm3 to lightdm. This time login section came out and i thought it worked but when i logged on, it is waiting and then gray screen is coming up and hangs. I checked gdm.service and it is working.

I am searching solution since days and nights. I am going to be mad.

Could you please help me about this issue? I am begging you.

P.S: I installed xfce and changed alternative default option to xfce, it worked.

But i want to use Gnome.

Please i am waiting your help.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I experience the same issue following various updates. (also dual boot)... Upon MUCH trial and error, I've found that when I hook up an additional monitor (prior to booting), the login screen appears...and am then able to login. I then detach the additional monitor and Gnome appears. I've been experiencing this (most recently) for about 1.5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by atdtphreaker View Post
    Okay, I experience the same issue following various updates. (also dual boot)... Upon MUCH trial and error, I've found that when I hook up an additional monitor (prior to booting), the login screen appears...and am then able to login. I then detach the additional monitor and Gnome appears. I've been experiencing this (most recently) for about 1.5 months.
    I would suggest startx at terminal as backtrack s gui started like this.
    But take a look
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-No-GUI-at-all
    easy to start; hard to finish

hi, i read this problems is for extension "workspace to dock" you can try erase this extension and try