Thread: Raspberry pi 3 B+ SSH

Raspberry pi 3 B+ SSH

Hi,im looking for a way to make a hotspot on the rpi,so i can connect with any device to it and ssh the rpi.
    I tried to do it and when i connect to the AP it says connection refused
    Any help?

What changes did you make? ssh is enabled by default on the rpi3, and the default sshd_config that we use in kali enables listening on all devices.

Quote Originally Posted by steev View Post
    What changes did you make? ssh is enabled by default on the rpi3, and the default sshd_config that we use in kali enables listening on all devices.
    I just made a new connection,then hotspot and thats all
    i came across a project that does exactly what i want,but its not supported for the b+,its called The Sonic Pi,but its no longer been developed,i can supply the img file for the B model,if someone can check it out and tell me how it works

If you mean https://github.com/samaaron/sonic-pi it looks like it's still active - or is this a different project with the same name?

Unfortunately, I do not have the free time to look through an image and see what it does. However you should be able to image it to an sdcard and boot it up on an older rpi3 or rpi2. Without knowing how you set up the hotspot, it's hard to assist. If you set it up via network manager, then perhaps googling for network manager hotspot would work for documentation or gotchas. Nothing on the rpi3 is very specific to the hardware itself when it comes to networking, aside from the kernel. The software is the same versions and patches that runs on amd64.