Thread: USB Flash Drives recommendation (make and model) for persistence

USB Flash Drives recommendation (make and model) for persistence

New to Kali and I want to pick a make, model and size of thumb drive that will allow me to boot quickly, run with good performance, perhaps eventually use the encryption features for the material that I save to the drive?

My main goal is to have a programming environment that I can boot anywhere on a wide range of windows laptops (and desktops) and have everything I need to be productive anywhere and anytime.

Has anyone standardized on Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB USB 3.0 or the or something from pny, perhaps? Had good results and performance?

If most of the machines I will be using will not have USB 3.0, will I do better with a drive of that is UDB 2, instead?

I'm not happy with what I've tried to do on a 64gig USB 3.0 using Lubuntu. Takes forever for a menu to pop up. I'm hoping I will be happier with Kali. (And perhaps I'll end up learning about pen testing someday!)

Quote Originally Posted by elecSec View Post
    New to Kali and I want to pick a make, model and size of thumb drive that will allow me to boot quickly, run with good performance, perhaps eventually use the encryption features for the material that I save to the drive?

My main goal is to have a programming environment that I can boot anywhere on a wide range of windows laptops (and desktops) and have everything I need to be productive anywhere and anytime.

Has anyone standardized on Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB USB 3.0 or the or something from pny, perhaps? Had good results and performance?

If most of the machines I will be using will not have USB 3.0, will I do better with a drive of that is UDB 2, instead?

I'm not happy with what I've tried to do on a 64gig USB 3.0 using Lubuntu. Takes forever for a menu to pop up. I'm hoping I will be happier with Kali. (And perhaps I'll end up learning about pen testing someday!)
    Yup sandisks are good. I have a kali on one persistence works good.
    easy to start; hard to finish

I have that exact sandisk and it has been great.