Thread: Anyone using Kali tools on Devuan?

Anyone using Kali tools on Devuan?

I have no interest in dealing with systemd so I'm looking at alternatives.

Does anyone have any tips for using Kali on Devuan? This could be a nice alternative.

Thanks

You could always download the various tools and try to install them on devuan. We (Kali) have no plans currently to move to using Devuan as a base instead of Debian.

I have no interest in dealing with systemd
    I feel you!
    Systemd is the worst thing that happened to GNU-Linux disitrbution in the past years, I don't undesrtand why everybody followed this lunatic gnome-fedora-NetworkManager crew... It is not a system made for people but for corporation... Even the guys from Arch jumped into this crazy systemd world.
    We are talking about the guys that sudenly decided to name USB wifi interface with wlxXXXXXXXXXXXX . So great if you use ssh. Thus guys just things inside their (ugly) ecosystem GNOME+ networkmanager and come from the most capitalist linux system: Red hat . And let's talk about their GNOME, such a great grafical environment where you can't even moove the left part of the top pannel to the right or down (or it is the right part, i don't remember). For thoose who have been using it a long time it is amazing to see how it "devolved". GNOME was very good ... back in 2008.
    Devuan seems to be one of the best alternative if you like apt and deb way
    Does anheir yone have any tips for using Kali on Devuan?
    Mmmm... That doesn't make a lot of sense to me... I mean "using an OS (Kali) on a OS (Devuan)"... The answer would be "use a virtual machine"
    If you refer to the tools, well, "Kali tools" aren't made for Kali primaly and it shouldn't be a problem to add kali repositories to devuan in order to install them
    Devuan Ceres is also bazed on debian Sid so it should go very gently. You know what? I'll try it: Systemd is such a pain in the bud....they complicated evrything, instead of beeing able to do simple nice bash script we have to redact weird file for every confguration... Enough!
    For the adding repo' history check this: https://www.kali.org/tutorials/advan...in-kali-linux/, you'll get the idea.
    cheers!
    Last edited by kcdtv; 2018-11-08 at 00:51. Reason: you can't say *** , this american politicaly corectness is a cancer, be free and say ***

Yeah, I'm referring to the Kali tool suite. It should be the same process if I wanted to add Kali tools to Debian.

I already use a VM, but I still don't want to deal with systemd. I still have BT 5 R3 KDE but can't use it anymore since nothing will compile due to gcc and SSL being hopelessly out of date. I tried pentoo but it doesn't play nice with my VM at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kcdtv View Post
    I feel you!
    Systemd is the worst thing that happened to GNU-Linux disitrbution in the past years, I don't undesrtand why everybody followed this lunatic gnome-fedora-NetworkManager crew... It is not a system made for people but for corporation... Even the guys from Arch jumped into this crazy systemd world.
    We are talking about the guys that sudenly decided to name USB wifi interface with wlxXXXXXXXXXXXX . So great if you use ssh. Thus guys just things inside their (ugly) ecosystem GNOME+ networkmanager and come from the most capitalist linux system: Red hat . And let's talk about their GNOME, such a great grafical environment where you can't even moove the left part of the top pannel to the right or down (or it is the right part, i don't remember). For thoose who have been using it a long time it is amazing to see how it "devolved". GNOME was very good ... back in 2008.
    Devuan seems to be one of the best alternative if you like apt and deb way

Mmmm... That doesn't make a lot of sense to me... I mean "using an OS (Kali) on a OS (Devuan)"... The answer would be "use a virtual machine"
    If you refer to the tools, well, "Kali tools" aren't made for Kali primaly and it shouldn't be a problem to add kali repositories to devuan in order to install them
    Devuan Ceres is also bazed on debian Sid so it should go very gently. You know what? I'll try it: Systemd is such a pain in the bud....they complicated evrything, instead of beeing able to do simple nice bash script we have to redact weird file for every confguration... Enough!
    For the adding repo' history check this: https://www.kali.org/tutorials/advan...in-kali-linux/, you'll get the idea.
    cheers!
    Always liked older ubuntu were you could just pull moat of tools right from its repo.
    easy to start; hard to finish

What about katoolin?

https://github.com/LionSec/katoolin

I'll see if I can find some faster internet to try this out. All the libraries here filter the **** out of everything to the point it's unusable for anything other than social media garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ball View Post
    I have no interest in dealing with systemd so I'm looking at alternatives.
    Does anyone have any tips for using Kali on Devuan? This could be a nice alternative.
    Thanks
    MX Linux, like Devuan, has xfce as the DE

....which you are using with Kali tools? (not sure why this is relevant otherwise)

Regarding interface naming, search biosdevname