yes it is me a nuisance newbie

I installed the kali-linux arm 2018.4a 64bit for a raspberry pi 3 B+
After I did the apt-get update followed by the apt-get upgrade followed by the apt-get dist-upgrade,
I could not get firefox to work. what I was able to capture is as follows

firefox --safe-mode --browser
[Child 1069, Chrome_ChildThread] WARNING: pipe error (28): Connection reset by peer: file /build/firefox-esr-1JpCGy/firefox-esr-60.3.0esr/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 353
[Child 1069, Chrome_ChildThread] WARNING: pipe error (3): Connection reset by peer: file /build/firefox-esr-1JpCGy/firefox-esr-60.3.0esr/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 353
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown (t=6.8075) [GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
Segmentation fault

Does anybody know about this kind of a problem. Can someone please help give me some idea of what I could do to get firefox working again.
I had a woking firefox prior to the latest upgrade performed today.
I had installed the 2018.4a image on 11/13/2018 and did the update and upgrade and did a kali-linux full install.
I did have a working firefox at that time after all of the updates and installs.
Today I tried to do an update and upgrade to see if that would help me with getting the wireguard install to work which I wrote about at that time.

I tried to enter a bug report but I can not seem to get past the login. It says my email address is used but does not let me ask for a password reset. so I am posting here.