Thread: Installing Guest Additions: Program fails to install

Installing Guest Additions: Program fails to install

I want to create a shared folder between my Windows 10 Home host and my Kali guest on VBox 5.2.26 r128414. I can mount the GA CD on my guest but it prompts me that I cannot run the software. Once I go into the drive and attempt to run the software from there I get the same issue. I have spent a considerable amount of time looking for an answer to this issue and have not found one.
    GAIssue1.jpg
    GAIssue2.jpg
    GAIssue3.jpg
    GAIssue4.jpg

AFAIK, there is a package for virtualbox in the repos and you don't need to install that stuff.

On a server, I usually install virtualbox-guest-dkms, but since you're running the desktop environment, it's probably virtualbox-guest-x11

In any case, if you download the prebuilt Virtualbox image, they are installed already.

By the way, the pictures are so tiny, the it's impossible to figure out what the text is, especially on the first one.

"VBox_GAs_5.2.26" contains software intended to be automatically started. Would you like to run it?

Oops! There was a problem running this software. Unable to locate the program.

*same as 2.*