Thread: No EFI partition was found

No EFI partition was found

Hi there!

Little issue on my new laptop trying to dualboot with kali. I have and 128g SSD GPT with windows and some games and 1T of HDD MBR with some games.
    I made 25g free space for kali on the HDD but when it comes to the installation, it got a problem on '' NO EFI partition was found '' (it's the last and checked iso image 64bits, the disk is well detected, no problem booting it live, it's DD and not ISO etc). Tried graphicall install too. I tried once to go trough this step and resolve it after with a live but without success (following this page https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ith-Windows-10 where after, when rebooting I just face the grub with the '' minimal bash like line '' problem, so i erased the created partition to go back to normal).

HDD with 25g free space, 64bits checked kali linux, 8g usb key, fastboot disabled, no secure boot option is shown on bios (laptot came without OS). Tried on Windows to create a 250m EFI partition but only FAT32/FAT/NTFS option...

I really searched about this so i'm sorry if this issue have already been treated...

Thanks

6CO

Cn you enable legacy devices? Boot from legacy devices.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    Cn you enable legacy devices? Boot from legacy devices.
    Thanks for your answer! Boot mode is on '' legacy support '' but boot priority is '' uefi first ''. Can the issue come from here and should i try with '' legacy first '' ? Since Legacy is supported I thought it would be ok!

Shoulda wrkd with eufi but couldnt hurt. To try.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbiz View Post
    Shoulda wrkd with eufi but couldnt hurt. To try.
    I finally installed it with the microsoft store and configured xfce4 once it was downloaded..

Want to dual boot Kali.
    I can't see my partitions while installing Kali.
    The C drive shows up 125 GB and the rest shows up as the whole remaining of 1TB.
    Even when I go to the resize partition, the minimum space asked is around 200GB.
    Need help.