Thread: Kali Freezes after entering login credentials and on hitting commands like Reboot,boot,poweroff !!!

Kali Freezes after entering login credentials and on hitting commands like Reboot,boot,poweroff !!!

Hello Guys by doing hard research I successfully managed to install Kali on my machine ... because everytime I tried various issues occurs,in my case it was issue of partitioning scheme .

But it seems I haven't done with errors yet .

After installing i successfully login to root and visits gnome desktop very easily and fastly .
    Thereafter i tried to poweroff machine using menu functions provided on the top right corner.
    After hitting power off button it won't shut down the machine ..I waited so long for this. And in the end I turn off my PC directly from switch.After this I restarted my machine and tried to login again
    But this lasts long to only login credentials. After entering login details and hitting enter it freezes there too ,all greenish grey blank screen .
    Same applies to commands ..whenever I hit commands like boot ,reboot,poweroff etc my machines it gets freez.

What should I do to resolve this ???
    P.S: none of working Neither Keyboard nor mouse
    PC has Nvidia GTX 1050ti graphics

But yes I can login to recovery mode !!!

Thanks for any kind of solution!!

Have you tried updating the system? apt update && apt dist-upgrade?

Yeah I'm doing that but it takes a lot time.
    I updated grub too but nothing happen.
    Tried to reinstall Kali but same issue repeats itself.

Also I search for various solutions but I didn't found any useful.

Whenever I hit command "poweroff" in recovery mode it shows an error "failed to disable mouse...."
    It stays for a long time like about 40 mins but machine won't poweroffScreenshot_20190205-130933.jpgScreenshot_20190205-130933.jpg .what kind of error is this ???how can I resolve this ??

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XAur55I1p6YD_T

"PS mouse serio1: Failed to disable mouse on isa0060/serio1"

Is this error occured due to mouse connected to USB ??

last time when I install Kali for the first time I successfully managed to reach gnome desktop after entering root password ...Now I'm reinstalling Kali again and again with whole process that is from making bootable USB , deleting and creating new partition to the end installation but this time I can't reach to gnome desktop ,it freezes just after entering login credentials.
    And when I hit this command "poweroff" in recovery mode the above error shows up and it won't let power off process to proceed further.
    It seems recovery mode doesn't working ...why I'm not able to reach desktop this time???

My PC has 8 GB ram does I need swap partition??
    I'm doing installation without swap ,as I forget to assign it .

My basic installation steps are :
    My hdd has partition type of GPT
    Therefore I made bootable USB using Rufus ..selecting partition scheme as GPT and DD mode ... bootable USB done ...and then I boot to uefi. this method actually works and I was able to reach desktop ...freezing issues occurs later ,when I tried to restart machine .

Now this method not working for second time ... I'm following the same process as I done previously to reach gnome desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh_jajo View Post
    Hello Guys by doing hard research I successfully managed to install Kali on my machine ... because everytime I tried various issues occurs,in my case it was issue of partitioning scheme .

But it seems I haven't done with errors yet .

After installing i successfully login to root and visits gnome desktop very easily and fastly .
    Thereafter i tried to poweroff machine using menu functions provided on the top right corner.
    After hitting power off button it won't shut down the machine ..I waited so long for this. And in the end I turn off my PC directly from switch.After this I restarted my machine and tried to login again
    But this lasts long to only login credentials. After entering login details and hitting enter it freezes there too ,all greenish grey blank screen .
    Same applies to commands ..whenever I hit commands like boot ,reboot,poweroff etc my machines it gets freez.

What should I do to resolve this ???
    P.S: none of working Neither Keyboard nor mouse
    PC has Nvidia GTX 1050ti graphics

But yes I can login to recovery mode !!!

Thanks for any kind of solution!!
    I had the same issue. On my site it was a failure of apt upgrade and i had to clean all the broken installations and restore them. After this i was able to install all my packages and use Kali again.

How did you manage to do that??
    By recovery mode???

Yes. Just login in to that and recover every package

Can you please mention detailed steps of recovery?
    What issue you faced ...

Tell everything in detail !!
    Thanks

Sounds like grub is messed up. Google kali login loop and check out the videos. What happens when you shutdown or reboot from terminal?

Grub installation completed successfully ...I tried google but those solution didn't work !!! When I tried shutdown using terminal it sticks on an error ( https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XAur55I1p6YD_T )