Thread: Kali unable to load desktop

Kali unable to load desktop

After an upgrade i was unable to get my kali to load the desktop , it prompts an error :

Code:
    Error: GDBuss.Error:org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 127
    Changing the desktop to xfce4 using " update-alternatives --config x-session-manager" does not solve the issue , it looks that the issue happens before the load of the desktop .

Starting xfce manually on "/usr/bin/startxfce4" Prompts this error :

xfce4-session: error while loading shared libraries: libpolkit-gobject-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    but i have libpoolkit-gobject installed , and the file is located in "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpolkit-gobject-1.so"

i made a symlink to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpolkit-gobject-1.so.0 , but i still get the error of missing file .

Anyone here have any tip in how to fix this issue ?

I would like to test some stuff before i take it down and reinstall the system clean again .

since i am a person without many patience i already solved the issue by installing again the image , and with additional removal of systemd init , it makes me crazy the new commands used to enable services and to start services and other stuff .