Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need help with installing w3af

  1. #1
    Join Date
    2013-May
    Posts
    2

    Need help with installing w3af

    Hello all. I have noticed the version of w3af with kali is outdated.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with updating it?

    All I have found for info on this was
    http://m3tamantra.wordpress.com/2013...ali-linux-1-0/

    It is numbers 4 and 5 I am having the issue with. I do not know where I should extract them.

    I know it is probably right in front of me lol.

  2. #2
    I would suggest adding the bleeding edge repos: http://www.kali.org/kali-monday/blee...-repositories/
    There already has been a request in the bug tracker for an upgrade: http://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=344

  3. #3
    Join Date
    2013-May
    Posts
    2
    I did that and now I get thebug stated here http://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=197

    Is therea current work around?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    2013-May
    Posts
    1
    I just did

    apt-get install w3af
    apt-get install w3af-console

    Now w3af is running without errors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2013-Apr
    Posts
    7
    I added the bleeding edge repos. and system found an update for w3af. But when update it and run it, it still opens me the 1.2 version.
    If I delete it and install it again it will update correctly?
    Thank you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    2013-Mar
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by charsta View Post
    I added the bleeding edge repos. and system found an update for w3af. But when update it and run it, it still opens me the 1.2 version.
    If I delete it and install it again it will update correctly?
    Thank you.
    this method is NOT GOOD for KALI!!!(i-think)...
    but in my VM-TESTING(32) worked-fine!(following the original-instructions)

    root@hk3r:cd /usr/share/
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# rm -rf w3af
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# git clone https://github.com/andresriancho/w3af.git
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# cd w3af
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install clamd PyGithub GitPython pybloomfiltermmap esmre nltk pdfminer futures guess-language cluster msgpack-python python-ntlm
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install -e git+git://github.com/ramen/phply.git#egg=phply
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install xdot
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# cd
    root@hk3r:~# w3af
    http://imageshack.us/f/690/w3af15.png/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    2013-Apr
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmaro View Post
    this method is NOT GOOD for KALI!!!(i-think)...
    but in my VM-TESTING(32) worked-fine!(following the original-instructions)

    root@hk3r:cd /usr/share/
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# rm -rf w3af
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# git clone https://github.com/andresriancho/w3af.git
    root@hk3r:/usr/share# cd w3af
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install clamd PyGithub GitPython pybloomfiltermmap esmre nltk pdfminer futures guess-language cluster msgpack-python python-ntlm
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install -e git+git://github.com/ramen/phply.git#egg=phply
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# pip install xdot
    root@hk3r:/usr/share/w3af# cd
    root@hk3r:~# w3af
    http://imageshack.us/f/690/w3af15.png/
    Thank you zimmaro.
    These steps got me the new version of w3af but now I have another problem.
    W3af is acting strange. When I start it I maximise it for better view. I'm filling in what I what to scan and click start.
    During scanning it's leaving from maximise and start expand and reduce its size to the right.
    I didn't have this problem with Kali's previous version.
    (I don't know if I can post this kind of questions/problems here, as in not related directly with Kali.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    2013-Jun
    Posts
    1
    I was getting the following error "w3afException: There was an error while importing plugins.discovery.wordnet: "No module named nltk.corpus.util".
    "


    so i am trying to solve it with "apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip",but i am getting an error.

    Qoute:
    apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package python-setuptools is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Unable to locate package libsqlite3-dev
    E: Package 'python-setuptools' has no installation candidate
    E: Unable to locate package python-pip


    In other words, i cant get W3af to work at all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    2013-Mar
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by mirthless View Post
    I was getting the following error "w3afException: There was an error while importing plugins.discovery.wordnet: "No module named nltk.corpus.util".
    "


    so i am trying to solve it with "apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip",but i am getting an error.

    Qoute:
    apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package python-setuptools is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

    E: Unable to locate package libsqlite3-dev
    E: Package 'python-setuptools' has no installation candidate
    E: Unable to locate package python-pip


    In other words, i cant get W3af to work at all.
    This answer is only related to the apt-get install ............:
    check your "repository" in /etc/apt/sources.list
    MY:
    root@hk3r:~# more /etc/apt/sources.list
    #

    # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 _Kali_ - Official Snapshot i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20130311-2
    0:38]/ kali contrib main non-free

    #deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 _Kali_ - Official Snapshot i386 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20130311-20
    :38]/ kali contrib main non-free

    deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib
    deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali main non-free contrib

    ## Security updates
    deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security kali/updates main contrib non-free

    deb http://repo.kali.org/kali kali-bleeding-edge main

    #deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
    #deb http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian wheezy main

    Make them equal && apt-get update &&

    root@hk3r:~# apt-get install libsqlite3-dev python-setuptools python-pip
    Reading package lists ... done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information ... done
    libsqlite3-dev is already the newest version.
    python-pip is already the newest version.
    python-setuptools is already to the latest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

    I have already previously installed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2017-01-22, 05:22
  2. w3af not responding
    By dsk in forum General Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2016-11-25, 11:44
  3. w3af trouble
    By BigSam in forum General Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2016-02-20, 13:00
  4. w3af can't workable
    By when123 in forum General Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2014-05-22, 12:17
  5. Installing w3af 1.6 on Kali 1.0.4 release
    By graytips in forum How-To Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2014-03-09, 16:25

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •