Thread: Can't boot Kali on a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF Laptop (after Install or running LIVE)

Thumbs up Can't boot Kali on a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF Laptop (after Install or running LIVE)

Hi guys, I am newbie on Kali and I am trying to get it running to start my Forensic studies (Dual boot with Windows 10 Pro). First I tried to install it, everything went good but after the reboot the computer stills running Windows 10 without any GRUB menu to choose Kali. (When making the graphic install there was no option or question about installing GRUB). I tried to run Kali directly from the USB stick but boot got stuck on a loop which seems to be hardware related (more than an hour showing error msgs). So I can't force/install grub because I can't access the Linux command prompt. I downloaded EasyBCD 2.4 for Windows to include the Kali Linux in the Windows bootloader and make the Windows bootloader work in place of GRUB but since I start this program I got this error message: "EFI Bootloader Detected! Multi-Booting features cannot be used in EFI mode and have been disabled. I after that I can't do anything in EasyBCD. Tried to boot my laptop in LEGACY mode instead of UEFI... Using the live Kali got stuck on boot sequence like before... And when trying to boot on Windows 10, LEGACY mode made my laptop blind regarding my hard drive and tried to boot from network.

So I am stuck... Kali ISO is 2019.2 AMD64.

I read people saying there is no way to use Kali with my laptop and also professionals from cyber security industry recommending my laptop. So I am lost now.

I did all the UEFI/BIOS procedures to boot Kali like disable security boot, fast boot, etc but no luck.

The only way I could run Kali on my laptop was via Hyper-V but performance was terrible and I had no access to the wireless adapter (?).

My laptop specs are:

CPU
    Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.20GHz
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    32.0GB
    Motherboard
    Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16Q2 (U3E1)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@144Hz)
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 (MSI)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design (MSI)
    ForceWare version: 430.86
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    953GB NVMe Samsung SSD 970 PRO
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Network Adapters:
    Killer(R) Wireless-AC 1550i Wireless Network Adapter (9560NGW)
    Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Please help I really need to use the Kali Linux.

Thank you in advance and best regards

What error messages were shown in those boot loops? That would be a good place to start to figure out what is wrong.

Go to boot menu options. There might be an option Boot From EFI. There you can manually select to boot grub.efi to boot Kali.

If no such option is available, then there might be an option to add boot entries in your UEFI settings. Select Boot/EFI/Kali/grub.efi, grub will show up in boot menu options.