Thread: External wifi adaptor not showing up on nethunter on galaxy tab s4?

External wifi adaptor not showing up on nethunter on galaxy tab s4?

Hi all,
    I have just flashed the official nethunter image from the offensive security website and everything went well on my galaxy tab s4 running 8.1.0 oreo. But when i plug in my tp link tl-wn722n with several different otg cables it only shows up when i type lsusb, but when i try and use it in programs such as wifite2 etc it is not there. Typing iwconfig, ifconfig and airmon-ng does not display it at all. The light does not light up on it either yet it works on my laptop with full kali install. I am really stuck and would appreciate any help, from what i have found on the internet it seems people say the kernel is to blame but how can it be that when the tab s4 is an officially supported device?

Thanks

What's the hardware version of your wn722n? If it's not v1, it may not be supported.

If you don't know how to find the hardware version, if the output of airmon-ng isn't ath9k_htc, then it's not a v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_X View Post
    What's the hardware version of your wn722n? If it's not v1, it may not be supported.

If you don't know how to find the hardware version, if the output of airmon-ng isn't ath9k_htc, then it's not a v1.
    Its deffo a V1 as it does everything perfectly on my laptop with a full kali build it for some reason just does not work on my galaxy tab s4. It shows up when i type lsusb as 'Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n but nowhere else im really stumped and not knowledgeable with kernels and stuff like that if that is what is wrong.

EDIT Solved it thanks had to go into magisk app which i used to root the tablet and there was an option to download wireless drivers for kali!
    Last edited by r00t3d1; 2019-06-09 at 23:27. Reason: Solved

Strange, that adapter should work out of the box with no additional modules required.
    I've just tested it and it's working like a charm, including wifi injection.

Could you do me a favour please and post the output of
    Code:
    uname -a
    getprop ro.product.device
    getprop ro.product.model
    getprop ro.product.name
    Many thanks

Could you also attach dmesg and lsusb output?