Thread: Raspberry pi 3b+ booting to emergency mode

Thumbs up Raspberry pi 3b+ booting to emergency mode

Hi, I've installed kali inux on a sandisk ultra class 10 16gb micro sd card from the official website (https://www.offensive-security.com/k...ux-arm-images/) using winrar to extract and win32diskimager to flash. This was then mounted to a raspberry pi 3b+. It has been booting fine to the graphical mode, but yesterday, it booted to emergency mode and hasn't booted to the graphical interface since. I am using 64 bit architecture with version 2019.2. It says checksum group 44 failed. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kalipi View Post
    Hi, I've installed kali inux on a sandisk ultra class 10 16gb micro sd card from the official website (https://www.offensive-security.com/k...ux-arm-images/) using winrar to extract and win32diskimager to flash. This was then mounted to a raspberry pi 3b+. It has been booting fine to the graphical mode, but yesterday, it booted to emergency mode and hasn't booted to the graphical interface since. I am using 64 bit architecture with version 2019.2. It says checksum group 44 failed. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

Sounds like the sdcard has gotten corrupted... can you run fsck on a different machine? Not a whole lot we can do here, unfortunately. If the checksum error keeps happening it could be the sdcard going bad.

Thanks for the reply, the sd card is new, this was the first time i used it, ive tried the image on another sd card as well multiple times and almost every time it doesn't work. Sometimes it says a different group number.