Thread: Kali for the New PI 4

Kali for the New PI 4

Hi got a couple of PI 4's and wanted to setup kali on one of them but I can't get the image to boot. Want to use the 2GB version.

Works ok on the PI 3. Any help I am assuming I need to build a new O\S

Any help would be great

Hi, Kali image for Raspi4 is yet to be released. If you try the images in the Kali Downloads website, you will get blank screen and it won't boot.

A couple of days ago, I have asked the same question and currently they have not given any ETA on the Image release.

Hi, Kali image for Raspi 4 32bit Version is released today whereas 64bit is yet to be released. Please check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyArjun View Post
    Hi, Kali image for Raspi 4 32bit Version is released today whereas 64bit is yet to be released. Please check it out.
    Thats great news, It will do for now thanks for updating the post!

is there a way to take current installed raspberry pi b 3+ kali 2019.2 and upgrade it into a new pi 4??? so you can keep same setup you have?
    or do you need to erase and start over?

Yes, there certainly is:

Code:
    apt update
    apt full-upgrade
    This will update the kernel, firmware, bootloader, etc. to add RasPi 4 compatibility.

Pop the sd-card into your new Rasperry Pi 4, boot it up and you're all done.

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    Yes, there certainly is:

Code:
    apt update
    apt full-upgrade
    This will update the kernel, firmware, bootloader, etc. to add RasPi 4 compatibility.

Pop the sd-card into your new Rasperry Pi 4, boot it up and you're all done.
    Thank you that worked! It even worked with transferring the 64bit version that i had loaded in my pi3B+, so im guessing its not really 64bit yet just running in a compatible mode?
    will the same command work when the 64bit version is dropped?

also I love your cool projects, i loaded raspi-config in my kalipi before i saw your kalipi-config, gonna check it out.

is there something like SD Card Copier for kali that can take a live running system and make a bootable copy to a sd card? for easy backups?

i heard that pi4 can support monitor mode & packet injection wit its internal wifi chip
    can you guys confirm ?

I have a RPI 4 4GB connected to a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard that works perfectly with Raspbian.
    I downloaded the 32bit image and started the PI. Everything looks fine but when I get the prompt, it seems that the keyboard can't send any character. Is there anything that I could try?

@thasarupof: Confirmed, Kali on the RPi4 supports monitor mode & injection
    @h3rm3s: I've got the K400r with the unified receiver and that works fine with the Pi4 4GB. Is your mouse working?

Quote Originally Posted by re4son View Post
    @h3rm3s: I've got the K400r with the unified receiver and that works fine with the Pi4 4GB. Is your mouse working?
    @re4son I would really like to know if the mouse is working but it start in text mode and I wasn't able to pass the login prompt so far. I'll try with another keyboard
    I just download the 32bit Kali image, DDed the 64GB Sandisk Ultra and booted. Did I forget anything?
    Kali detects if I disconnect or move the unified receiver. It looks like the keyboard is not paired. I'll check the unified firmware

@h3rm3s: Good, we are zooming in on the problem. The image is supposed to boot into the GUI so the problem doesn't seem to be related to the keyboard support but the fact that it doesn't boot properly.
    Could you please post the link to the image you used? I want to make sure that I'm not testing a different one.

@re4son: downloaded again the image. Wrote it with BalenaEtcher. Everything works now. Quite bizarre that it was booting but not working... Anyway, thanks for your support