Thread: No sound No menu in KALI

No sound No menu in KALI

good morning

I was use HDMI as output device Also i use my Laptop or headset them i got update after that the sound doesn't work at all so i tried to fix it and i get more problems

First I tried this
    Code:
    1. Turn on Kali Linux, open terminal and type in sudo killall pulseaudio and hit enter. Now type next.

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio paman pavumeter pavucontrol

and again hit enter.
    2. Continue typing and now type  rm ~/ .pulse-cookie , after that type rm -r ~/ .pulse and after this type next.

sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-tools alsa-tools-gui alsa-utils alsa-oss alsamixergui libalsaplayer0

and at last type apt-get install kmix and hit enter.
    3. And now restart machine.
    4. OK now again open terminal and start typing on terminal and type next  apt-get install pulseaudio and hit enter and and last type apt-get  install gnome-core and again hit enter.
    5. Restart machine.
    BUT I LOST ALL MY FILES AND ITS DIDNT WORK
    MY LAPTOP LOOKS LIKE ITS NEW !

I tried this also

Code:
    curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nu11secur1ty/pulseaudio/master/pulseaudio.sh | bash
    I tried many solution and I get more problems such as menu i deleted it and i couldn't install it again

here is sound settings
    Attachment 3471

as you can see the menu is deleted

here when i tried to install it again
    Attachment 3472

thank you for helping me and sorry for my bad language i hope you understand me

Having just installed Kali Linux on my Raspberry Pi 3b+ for the first time (I am also a newbie) where I was not only frustrated by not being unable to sort out the lack of audio, but when I checked across the various forums and websites it appears that audio does not work within Kali, where even these threads seem to be unable to provide any worthwhile information.
    So, I take it that audio is a sort of hit and miss feature within Kali as there does not seem to be any fix?

None of the commands should have erased files. The problem may be your command

rm ~/ .pulse-cookie
    There is a space between the '/' and '.pulse-cookie'. It shouldn't erase stuff, but you might have used different flags with rm that forced delete the files in there.